Monday, May 14, 2012

California girls, and boy

We just got back from a wonderful trip to So Cal, where we stayed with my sis Jamie, went to Disneyland, and put in a lot of beach time.  

We flew in Saturday night. The next morning we went to my sisters church and then went to this tide pool beach. I know many of you are probably thinking, you live in WA and you went to a rocky beach in CA? Yes we did, because my family is obsessed with tide pools. It was a very sandy beach too.  

On Monday we started heading down to Anaheim.  We made a bit of a detour at Venice Beach. When we got to our hotel we did a bit of pool time. The hotel was interesting. Let's just say it was only 50 bucks a night. There might or might not have been a shocking incident involving an uncovered electrical outlet and my youngest.  That's just the way my cheapo family likes to roll:) We then went to downtown Disney to get ourselves psyched for the next day.
We all got our lovely selves in the car when this guy comes strolling out of the hotel room with this thing on his head. We were all in a bit of shock. First of all where did it come from, and secondly how on earth did Kevin willingly put it on his head. We all had a good laugh.  

 Before the park opened we managed to see Mickey and Pluto. Sophia who was coming off of a fever (and a possible shocking) was not a happy princess. She cried for about the first 3 hours of Disney, stopping only for a quick ride here and there. We were very successful at ignoring her.

 I got a bit teary eyed as the park opened to zippidy do dah. Oh the memories.  I'm a dork.
 We hit up dumbo then did some Alice.
 Then on to my favorite ride of all time, Small World. Yes I know I'm lame. But apparently I'm not the only one cause they girls were entranced the entire time.
 We took Jordo onto Space Mountain. I had no idea how she was doing because it was so loud and dark. When we got out I was sad to see that she was balling.  Oops. But she did manage to do Splash and Thunder afterwards without too much damage. Brave girl.  Soph continued to scream and eventually fell asleep in her stroller. She awoke and was more like this:
 With an occasional this:
 Line waiting was not her thing. Luckily for me at least she really enjoyed all the rides.

Jordyn managed to get in line right as Snow White decided to leave. But Snow was nice enough to say hi to Jordyn.  We took a pic by her well.
 When all was said and done I asked Jordyn what her favorite ride at Disney was. Yes, you got it, it was the carousal. Looks like we could have taken her to the mall and she would have been just as happy.
 Heres a bit more Sophia happenings. Waiting for the parade...
 More waiting. Jamie got called a B for saving our spots. It's that Disney Land magic.
 Happy Jordyn as Bell looked right at her and waved.
 After the parade we got a few more rides in. I really wanted to get my favorite in again unfortunately for Jamie. I bet you all have the song stuck in your heads now too:) Jamie was so distraught by the ride that we had to pry a knife away from her neck on the way home. (That's no lie)
 Goodbye Disney. Is it bad that I'm already dying to go back? Minus one poo face of course.
 The next morning bright and early we went to Goofy's Kitchen for a character breakfast. We saw lots of randoms like Rafiki and Baloo.  But we saw chip n dale and pluto again.  The food was nummy too.
 We also celebrated a special day. That's right 9 years and by some miracle we are still together.  They made us wear these anniversary pins all day and every single worker had to tell us happy anniversary.
We spent the day at CA Adventure.  The girls favorite ride of course was the carousal. They also loved the mermaid ride which we went on 4 times.  
 Some Toy Story action.
 We met Woody, Jessie, and Buzz.
 And of course Minnie.
 Here are the girls waiting for world of color to start.
 Sophia wouldn't smile so we were conforming to her signature look.  Blue steel or something like that.
 After Disney we enjoyed two full days at the beach. Jamie also heated her pool and we got in some good swimming time.




 This is how we all felt towards the end. It was a crazy fun week with little sleep.  We are sad to be home. Thanks Jam for an amazing week!

5 comments:

Our little corner said...

the disney pictures of your youngest made me laugh... that is exactly how mine would be the whole time but I'm dying to go :p

Kelly said...

So glad you had a great time! :)

North West Gold Digger said...

So...still never been to a beach with tide pools. Maybe next year you guys will save some vacation time for your favorite people. I know you want to do disney again in a few months. Soph will behave with Ada to hold her hand. :) Looks like a fun trip minus the naughtiness.

North West Gold Digger said...

woops...note from shan not randy :)

Brenna said...

Ha ha! Sophia!! What a stinker! I would love to go to Disneyland, but judging by her excitement,maybe we'll wait until Luke's a little older... Oh, and I totally would have cried when the park opened to zippidy do dah, too :)