Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jordyn Update

So for all that don't know Jordyn has been in a program with the Jordan School District because she is delayed with speach. We take her to a toddler class every Tuesday and her teacher comes to the house twice a month. She has had so much fun at this class and in the 2 months that she has been doing this she has improved so much. When she first was evaluated the teacher said she was probaly speaking 1o-2o words on her own. Just this week when her teacher came and we were evaluating her again she is now up to 50-75 words. Its coming in fast and I'm getting excited. A lot of work to be done still though. So I met with her preschool teacher on Friday and she will start preschool on December 14th. The day after her birthday. A bus will come and pick her up and drop her off twice a week for 2 hours. What will I do with my time? This program has been so wonderful and so much fun that I'm wondering how to delay Sophia's speach! j/k

She has a new obsession with art. Before she started with the program she would color for about 30 seconds. Now she spends hours doing it. She also loves to paint. We do water colors and these finger paints. It's messy but she has so much fun doing it. She definitely has a lot longer attention span than before.
Jordyn pretending to be a bunny with tights on her head.
All in all things are going good. We still have a lot of behavioral problems but I do see improvement and her teacher and I have been working pretty hard to help her with that. I think with the communication the behavior will follow. Lets hope!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Close's Place said...

Ahh, it's Snubby Nose!!
So glad you are seeing improvement!!