Mothers day is a little bitter sweet for me now. Infact my first mothers day I had was the first mothers day I didn't have my mom. So I think it will always be a little sad. I can't help missing her so much on this day as I reflect what a wonderful mother she was for me.5 things I loved about my mom:
1. She was always happy even when you didn't want her to be.
2. She was such a good example and didn't shy away from letting us know when she thought we were making bad choices.
3. You could tell her anything without being judged. (Except to her journal:))
4. You could make fun of her all you want and she was such a good sport.
5. You always knew she loved you even when you were being a brat.
Now I won't lie and say she was perfect because we all know she had her faults, but I can only hope that I can be somewhat as good as a mother as she was. I should now go on now to list 5 things that make me a horrible mother but I will keep that to myself. Happy Mothers Day everyone!
3 comments:
I miss her too!!! Although she nagged and pestered us growing up, I can't help and laugh at the good times we had with her. All those times she thought she was being so sneaky and scaring us; how she would go all over the house and the backyard to make sure we weren't getting into trouble; and all her funny comments. I can't wait to see her again someday!
Miss you Marsha Brady, even you telling your son and I that we are being inappropriate. Hee Hee
I miss my second mom too. I honestly remember her changing my diaper. I think because I wet the bed until I was 8 years old, but hey!
She was always there to talk to. I loved how she was so interseted in our lives. It made us feel like she cared.
I am so greatful for the fond memories I have of your mother. She will always have a special place in my heart.
Post a Comment