Ok, so not sure if it's the place, or the sun, or maybe a bit of both but this day made the list of my top ten favorite days. Maybe it wasn't as cool as I thought but the fact that the sun was shining on me after several months I could have been sitting in a dump and enjoying it as much. Either way it was a great day at Deception Pass. My new favorite place.
Here are the girls at a lookout point before you get to the bridge.

We walked across the bridge and back. This was my favorite side. The view was amazing. Below we saw some seals swimming around.


I'm not going to lie, I was a little freaked out. I don't like not having control of my children. On one side cars were racing towards us and on the other is, well you know.


We had a sweet picnic. Jordyn looks awesome.

I love how WA has all these little islands everywhere.

We played on the beach for hours. As we sat there we watched several (or maybe one several times) whales splashing around. I'm all into whales right now since I'm doing a whale watching tour with my dad and Crystal next week. It's grey whale season. Sophia ended up falling asleep on me and taking her nap right there. Very convenient.

We went and found another spot to hike around. This place totally reminded me of Sea Ranch and almost fulfilled my lack of a Sea Ranch trip this year.

Again a bit freaked out. The cliffs were really high and my kids wanted to run free. I had to have a hand on them at all times. But so worth it.




We got back to the car and couldn't stand to leave yet so we laid on the grass and soaked up some more sun. It was an amazing view. I'm so excited that this is only an hour from my house. Now to just get the sun to come out.... That's a bit more tricky.
2 comments:
Beautiful! Reminds me of Forresthill Bridge :)
WOW. that is gorgeous! I want to go there so bad!!!
Post a Comment