Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Santa Cruz

It was that time of year for our annual Santa Cruz trip. I don't think we could have had more fun. We started out with an awesome drive from Utah to Sacramento. It actually wasn't too bad. We then drove the next morning to Santa Cruz.

The first couple of nights we stayed with my dad and Crystal. They got a house across from the ocean right on the bluff. It was a really nice home. We took a walk along the trail and then went to dinner at a pizza place. They gave the girls balls of pizza dough to play with. I thought that was funny so I had to take a picture.
Jordyn got a little more creative with hers. She cried when we tried to throw it away. Eventually after a day when it was crusty she gave in. After dinner we walked along the warf and the girls got some souvenirs and lots of candy. Phia ate 1/4 lb of gummies all by herself. We then went to Mariannes where they have about 100 crazy flavors of ice cream and Phia chowed down on that. I'm surprised the puking never happened.
We went to Capitola the next morning than to the beach. Crystal kept my girls entertained on the beach. She's kind of like a Kevin:) They made castles, and dug holes, found sand crabs, and flew kites.
Everyone called Phia the little sand baby. She loved the sand! Not so much the shower afterwards though. She had sand everywhere.
Jordyn really got into riding bikes in the campground this year. It was like I was down a kid.
Boardwalk was interesting this year. It started out sunny and busy, then ended up pouring and empty. A lot of the rides closed but it was kind of fun since there was no one left in the park. We ended up sprinting across the boardwalk soaking wet and Sophia was laughing like crazy. We were all soaked and laughing.


Cave Train! Best ride ever!
Soaking on the merry-go-round. Sophia loves horses and I had to pry her hands off the pole to get her off.
More beach days with the entire gang.
Jordyn actually loved playing in the ocean this time. She would go in by herself and loved running from the waves with the other kids.
She got a little nervous when the wave was a bit higher than she thought.
Cant get enough of that sand. Sophia was pretty scared of the ocean though.

There are always tricks played at Santa cruz, from tripping someone, to easy cheese, to soaking people. Kevin was pretty creative this year. He took Tyler's shirt and shoes and put them on the long stick then buried the stick 4 feet in the sand. It took a long time to get it down.
The girls
There was this little creek going into the ocean that was perfect for the girls to play in. Sophia loved it since she wouldn't go in the ocean.
It was another great trip. The girls were awesome. I just need some sand to keep them happy at home. Guess I will have to move to the beach. Thanks everyone for an awesome trip! And don't forget to exfoliate!


2 comments:

Angela Hill said...

Sounds like you had a blast. I would have loved to see Kevin working on his stunt with the shirt on a stick.

Now Amy, no more talk of moving! I have a hard enough time seeing you when you live in Utah... It is a hundred times hard having you in Cali. :o)

Kendra said...

Looks like you guys had great weather and some great beach days. I can't be too jealous though, we're going to there in july. (can't wait for pizza my heart!)
so happy you guys had such a fun trip.