We made a very last minute trip to yellowstone this last weekend with Kevin's family. Well, it wasn't so last minute for them just us. It almost didn't happen when Jordyn puked on the way up and had a high fever but we decided to keep going. I'm so glad we did because it was so much fun. Jordyn loved playing with her cousins that she doesn't get to see a lot and we loved playing with our family too:)
The first day we headed up to Mammoth and took in some sites and had a good picnic. We headed over to tower where we saw something really cool as you can see by all the people. A black bear! (pictured below) It ran right behind our car and I had to jump back in with the baby.
Day two we headed down toward Old Faithful and stopped at some cool places in between. We thought Jordyn would have fun running through the steam but she kind of freaked. Hence the closing of the eyes. Sophia loved watching the beefalo's and sitting on her dads lap.Day 3 was drive home day so we took it easy and headed over to Big Springs. The boys had a lot of fun goofing off and the kids of course had fun.
So we lucked out big time on this trip. We saw all we wanted to except those dumb mooses wouldn't show themselves. The wolf was really cool. There were two of them running right by the edge of the road and we followed them in the car. Glen got out to snap some shots and found himself about 10 feet from one. That big elk on the bottom started to get pretty close to him as well. Then there was Angela that got like 5 feet from the ram. We were waiting for her to get the boot. It was pretty dang sweet to see all these animals so close up. We also saw a Grizzly with 2 cubs from a distance.
We had a good time playing around with the camera at night and got some pretty funny shots. I will post those when I get them from Glen.





3 comments:
So I give you an A on your picture skills. Those are some really cute family pictures. :) I really love the one of Jor and the steam...and her outfit is really cute. I'm glad she didn't end up sicky the whole time!
5 feet! Come on now, it was like 15...lol
Fun! I've never been to Yosemite. It's definitely on my list. Miss you.
Post a Comment