Kevin got home from Florida Thursday night and Friday morning we decided to play hooky and take a trip to the Olympic Peninsula for a couple of nights. We found a cheap hotel in Port Angeles (yes note the Twilight siting), hopped on a ferry and a couple hours later we were at our destination.
Here are the girls with Port Angeles in the background.
So the next day we wanted to visit the rainforest in the Olympic National Forest. The drive was pretty hideous. Never wanted to puke at the ugliness of it so bad in my life. HA! You are all so jealous!!!!
And of course the only way to get to the forest was to go through a little town you might have heard of called Forks. It's pretty small so you probably haven't:) Actually pretty small and ghetto. It makes me laugh that someone would come all the way out to see a Winnemucca type of place. It was all decked out with Twilight references. Kevin didn't believe me that I was taking us the most direct route. He thought I wanted to see Forks, which it was the most direct route, but I won't lie I did want to see it.
After the forest we headed over to the coastline because we wanted to see real ocean. Not just the fake puget crap. j/k. We went to this beach with the most amazing waves I've ever encountered. They were huge and Kevin and Sophia almost got caught in one trying to run from the waves.
This picture was taken at First Beach where Bella first discovered what Edward was by talking to Jacob. Ha ha. I'm so lame. I swear I'm not into Twilight any more. Not like I used to be. The movies have ruined it for me.
This next picture is daddy's doing. I was almost puking. Kevin found a dead octopus and was letting Sophia play with it. She would pick its head up and it would slosh all around. It was so slimy and squishy and everything a kid loves to touch.
3 comments:
Okay that octopus is so gross. Cool that you found it, not as cool that your daughter is touching it.
Cool! Can't wait to come see the way north coast!!!!!
ewww! i was gagging just looking at that octopus picture. disgusting use of words too- "sloshing". ew! haha
that really is gorgeous there. we want to come visit sometime this summer! but only if you take me back to forks so i can do all those cheesy pictures too. hehehe :)
Post a Comment