Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lots and Lots of Easter (and candy)

So this year we had a busy but fun Easter. Jordyn took part in four Easter Egg hunts and got tons of candy and we went to two really fun parties. It was great but also a ton of work.
Jordyn and Kevo dying Easter Eggs.
Our sweet eggs
This is our first egg hunt. We went to the Herriman City one. There were a lot of people and the stuff was gone in about 10 seconds. It started at 10 and we left at 10:10 since it was pretty chilly. Jordyn managed to snag a popcorn and about 5 other candies so a success!
Baby dressed warm for her freezing early morning hunt.
This is from hunt #2 which was a doosie. On Saturday a bunch of us neighbors got together and had an Easter Party. We had games with fun prizes, lots of food, egg dying and a hunt. It turned out to be really fun and the sun was actually our friend despite the weather reports. Let me just tell you I have never seen anything like this hunt. Yes those are slim jims. She got 3. Also each kid got a basket, she got cotton candy, soda's, lots of toys, and tons of nice candy. I'm talking whole Cadbury eggs, and reeses peanut butter cups. It was crazy!
The girls Easter Baskets. I went a little nuts with Jordyn's. I forgot how much I actually got her, which is what happens when you buy it in several trips.
Speaking of going nuts, egg hunt number 3 was a hit because I made soooooo many eggs. We did it in the house because there was snow in the morning. Luckily Kevin was smart enough to take half those eggs and bring them over to hunt #4 and her grandparents house.
Sophia loving her basket. She ate a quarter of those puffs today. My little piggy. Literally, she snorts a lot because her nose is so stuffed and she sounds like a pig all day long. It's pretty funny.
Grandpa Gary always sends us really fun care packages for the holidays. I had to take a picture of all the loot because it was making me laugh as Jordyn just kept pulling out more and more stuff. We all absolutely love it and Jordyn thinks it's so much fun. (And me probably just as much) I think we need to have a candy party now.
We went to G & G's house for Easter lunch and another hunt. Impossible pictures! If any of you read my blog regularly you will see my constant complaint about getting Jordyn to take a picture. She absolutely refuses to look at the camera. It's like pulling teeth every time I want her to look even somewhat in my direction. This is the best we got where the baby has her head up and Jordyn doesn't have her hands in front of her face. She makes me so angry:)
This one is a little easier since she isn't a snot yet. She had a great Easter and was super nice to mommy by taking a long nap.
The cousins getting ready for egg hunt number 4. The fun never died down. Even in the end every time she saw an egg she would exclaim "AN EGG!"
Grandma had to sit with Jordyn to get her to look in my general direction. It's better having her in there anyways. Super fun party at Grandma and Grandpa Losee's house. We had great food, a fun hunt, and wonderful company. Thanks for the fun!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Way fun Easter!! Thanks for sharing!!

The Close's Place said...

Kevin is really serious about egg dying huh?
Soph is so cute sitting up so big
Can't wait for July!!

Diane Wright said...

How did you fit all those parties and easter egg hunts into one day. You should put some of the candy in the freezer for next year. I don't remember if I have said this before, but Sophia looks like your mother in so many ways. Just wondered if you thought that too.