So I got a lot of good advice from people and I just want to say thanks. To answer a few questions that I was asked, our insurance will not cover the therapy unless it is something that she had at one point and then lost it. As for the 3 and over program I believe that it is the same thing she is in right now. She goes to preschool twice a week and receives 20 min. of therapy a week, but her developmental pediatrician felt that she needed more. So the best news of all is thanks to my friend Kitrina who was reading my blog, I am now bringing Jordyn to a private speech therapist who is a friend of hers. We have already had two sessions and so far things are great. I've just been so worried about all of this and I appreciate everyone's concern. It's so nice that you can post a problem somewhere and so many people are willing to help. So thanks to all!!!!!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Speech Therapy Update
So I got a lot of good advice from people and I just want to say thanks. To answer a few questions that I was asked, our insurance will not cover the therapy unless it is something that she had at one point and then lost it. As for the 3 and over program I believe that it is the same thing she is in right now. She goes to preschool twice a week and receives 20 min. of therapy a week, but her developmental pediatrician felt that she needed more. So the best news of all is thanks to my friend Kitrina who was reading my blog, I am now bringing Jordyn to a private speech therapist who is a friend of hers. We have already had two sessions and so far things are great. I've just been so worried about all of this and I appreciate everyone's concern. It's so nice that you can post a problem somewhere and so many people are willing to help. So thanks to all!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment