Saturday, February 27, 2010

life


So I haven't blogged in a while so I thought I would give you an update on what we've been doing. Jordo started school back up again which is so nice. She goes twice a week for 2 hours each. Her speech is still slow. Her therapist says she is making progress but I'm not so sure. I've been dealing with trying to get her set up with a speech therapist for a while now and it's no easy task. I have her on a 9 month waiting list at Scottish Rites which is a free therapy and now after several conversations with the U grad student program and no mention of any waiting list I find out yesterday they can't get her in until the fall. So basically we are on hold right now. I'm going to give school a little longer but paying $100 an hour at primary children's 1-2 times a week is just way too much. I'm not that desperate yet. Getting there but not quite.

We got a new computer which I'm loving. We decided to go with a Mac so I've had a bit of learning to do, but it's super easy.

We have been hanging with friends, going to the museum, parks, and just yesterday went to the kids safety fair which turned out to be a lot of fun. Well, that's our life for now. If anyone has any tips on the speech therapy front I would be happy to hear them. I'm just a frustrated, worried parent right now and any help would be welcomed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure it is so hard to not know exactly what to do with Jordyn. I swear this parent thing is so hard. I will pray for you guys.

Mary said...

Have you tried checking with The Children's Center in Salt Lake? I know that they have speech therapists. I'm sure that you already have done this, but check with your insurance - most insurances will pay for speech therapy now. When we had our son in Occupational Therapy through primary children's it was covered by our insurance. We did have to pay a co-pay, but that is much less than $100 per week.

Anonymous said...

You should check to see if you have an "Up to 3" program, its the next step after "Baby your baby". She may still qualify with her not being 4 yet. I have a friend who's daughter didn't speak at all, and now is talking up a storm. It is definatly not $100/hour. Hope that helps.